The best surgeons in the area perform a wide range of orthopedic procedures at Methodist including:
- Total knee replacement
- Total hip replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
- Total ankle replacement
- Surgery to repair fractures (broken bones)
- Spinal surgery on neck and back (includes discectomy, laminectomy and spinal fusion)
- Arthroscopic surgery (surgeon looks at joint, usually knee or shoulder, through a special camera)
- Knee cartilage repair
- Foot surgery (such as bunion removal)
- Sports Medicine surgery
- ACL/PCL repair (knee ligaments)
- Biceps tendon repair (upper arm)
- Achilles tendon repair (lower calf/heel)
- Rotator cuff repair (shoulder)
For more information on Methodist Orthopedic Services, call Jennifer Schrock-McAfee, RN, BSN, ONC, Orthopedic Nurse Manager, at 309-672-4637.
The area's best care for your bones, joints and muscles
Why Choose UnityPoint Health - Methodist?
- We rank in the top 5% in the United States in patient satisfaction scores.
- We offer classes to prepare you for total joint replacement and recovery.
- Average hospital stay is just 2-3 days after total joint (hip or knee) replacement.
- We have Certified Orthopedic Registered Nurses.
- A Dedicated Patient Care Facilitator will coordinate your care and ensure a smooth discharge from the hospital.
- Our experienced staff is specially trained in orthopedics.
- You and your family will appreciate our private rooms.
- We follow up with every patient to evaluate recovery and satisfaction.
What to expect
Day-by-day guides to your surgery at Methodist
Knee replacement guide
Hip replacement guide