IMPORTANT: Please view our current limitations on visitors.
- General Nursing Units: Every day from 11 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- Maternity: General visiting 11 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- Pediatrics: No restriction for parents. Others 11 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- Behavioral Health: Ask your nurse about visiting hours.
- Critical Care Units: Ask your nurse about visiting hours.
Note: Children aged 6 to 12 and accompanied by an adult may visit for a short time. Children under 6 may visit if they have permission from the nurse.
Parking is always free at Methodist for our patients, visitors and guests.
Visitors and most patients should park in Parking Deck A at the corner of Hamilton Blvd. and Glen Oak Ave. Please enter the deck from Hamilton Blvd. The deck is connected by a skywalk to the hospital's main entrance.
Note: Parking Deck 1 (on Glen Oak Avenue) is closed.
Free valet parking is available every day (except Sundays beginning 1/1/13) at the hospital's main entrance on Hamilton Blvd. Valet hours are as follows:
Hospital Main Entrance:
Monday-Friday 6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
***As of January 1, 2013, the Main Entrance (Entrance A) will no longer have valet service available on Sundays. This change affects the Main Entrance only. ***
At Methodist, we're centered on your physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Our Pastoral Care Department is an interfaith staff of clergy trained in hospital ministry, with a special emphasis on helping and supporting people who are experiencing stressful and emotional situations.
Chaplains are available Sunday through Friday from 8:00a.m. until 4:30p.m. Chaplains are on-call at all other times for emergencies and other critical situations. In addition, Catholic lay people commissioned as Eucharistic Ministers provide Holy Communion to our Catholic patients. Sacramental ministry is also available for our Protestant patients upon request.
The Howard B. Johnson Chapel is located on the first floor of Methodist Medical Center. It is open to patients, visitors and employees for private meditation, except during scheduled services.
Protestant Worship & Communion: 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Our patients' family members who live outside the Peoria area can enjoy free overnight accommodations in the Methodist Inn. These comfortable hotel-like rooms are conveniently located within the medical center. All have in-room TV and phone and most offer a private bath and shower. Coffee, tea, soft drinks and a daily continental breakfast are provided in the nearby family lounge.
Patients scheduled for an early-morning procedure may also request a reservation for an Inn room. Use is limited to the night before and the night following the procedure.
For reservations, call (309) 671-8282.
The Methodist Medical Center Foundation accepts donations in the name of the Methodist Inn to keep this free service available.
Find out more about overnight accommodations available at hotels and motels throughout the Peoria area.
If you will be hospitalized here for a while there are a few things you should know...
- You can bring your laptop because we have Free WiFi throughout the hospital.
- BINGO is transmitted to all patient rooms at 2 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Be sure to turn your TV to Channel 2 and request your BINGO card before lunch. (They are distributed with the lunch trays.)
- Methodist Volunteers take around a library cart to our patients. Please let your nurse know if you're interested.
When you come to Methodist for testing, surgery, hospitalization, or outpatient care, you have our promise to:
- Make your health, comfort and satisfaction our top priority.
- Anticipate your needs, answer your questions and explain thoroughly.
- Greet you with a smile and treat you with courtesy and respect.
- Ensure your privacy.
- Work as a team to deliver outstanding healthcare. Period.
Our care for you extends to every part of your visit. This section connects you with tools that will make it easier than ever for you to choose Methodist for your health.
• We participate in many insurance networks. Check our listing for your insurance coverage.
• Save time when you come to Methodist! Take advantage of our convenient online pre-registration.
• Medication refills are just a click away with our Online Prescription Refills from Heartland Pharmacy.
• We recognize that some patients may need help with their hospital bill, so we offer our Community Care Program.
If at any time you have a concern or are dissatisfied with your care at Methodist, please contact our Patient Advocate at 309-672-5529. Methodist is committed to resolving care and safety issues in a timely manner. However, if your concerns are not resolved, you are invited to contact the Joint Commission Office of Quality Monitoring at 1-800-994-6610 or email: email@example.com.